Shalom

Have you ever had one of those moments where all the worries of the day have passed, a feeling of safety sets in, an enjoyment of your surroundings, and a taste of fullness of life sweep over you and you realize that you just had a glimpse into heaven? A taste of Shalom? A look into what life will be like when all things will be made new and there will be no more suffering, heartache, or injury? I had one of these moments last week and I have been reflecting on it since. It was during an outdoor concert where Erin Bode was singing. She is a wonderful musician with a beautiful voice. Drew and I had packed a picnic and met some friends at the concert. We enjoyed our wine, cheese, grapes, and chicken salad and talked about life. We were able to see a lot of other familiar faces at the concert too. There was a moment after the food had been put away and I was pleasantly full that I was leaning against Drew's legs. I felt all the stress that I have felt disappear and I was caught up in all of the beautiful activity around me. Children were dancing, music was playing, I was near good friends and the love of my life, good food and drink had just been enjoyed, and the background noise of worry just faded. I had a glimpse of shalom. God has given us so many good gifts and so often in my vision they are clouded by brokenness, busyness, anxiety, worry, and doubt. But not this night! The Lord blessed me with a picture of future glory!

I am currently reading Dan Allenders' book To Be Told which is about understanding our own story and how the Lord reveals himself through our story. I have been blessed so much by Dan's wisdom. I know in my own story I have experienced the "shattering of shalom" and as I work through my own story I get glimpses of God's redemption in my life. His promises are true that one day all things will be made new, but right now we are also blessed to be able to experience glimpses of the glory that is to come!

-Lindsey

Comments

Popular Posts