A Quote

Some creative cookie decorating at our house!


Creativity is... seeing something that doesn't exist already. You need to find out how you can bring it into being and that way be a playmate with God.

-Michele Shea

I heard this quote tonight at the Christmas women's gathering at my church. It was a wonderful time of fellowship and a time to enjoy the arts. There was some art displayed, a sweet lady (who happens to be an artist) gave some thoughts on using our creativity for the glory of the Lord, and then we all had the privilege of listening to "Vocal Spectrum" an AMAZING acapella quartet! You should check them out!

I absolutely LOVE the quote at the top! What beautiful imagery of being a playmate with God. Creating something beautiful and bearing the image of the ULTIMATE CREATOR! It is only through his grace that we have the ability to use the gifts that he has blessed us with and work with him to bring beauty into the world around us! I love it! The speaker tonight encouraged us to use our creative gifts in whatever capacity that that might mean for us.

It causes me to dream of all the creative things that I love. Singing, setting a beautiful table and serving a meal to loved ones, scrap-booking, singing (I really love this one), creating centerpieces, taking old furniture and making it into something beautiful, keeping my house clean so that it is a warm place to relax, writing notes to friends, and so many more!

The next creative thing that I am looking forward to is decorating for Christmas at my house, and decorating for the Christmas Banquet for the Seminary this Friday! I am helping with centerpieces and designing the programs!

What do you love to do? How do you use your creativity to bring beauty to your space, your relationships, and the world around you?

P.S. Want to watch something really creative? Check this out!

-Lindsey

Comments

Popular Posts