Guide Me Oh Thou Great Jehovah

I just wanted to share this song with you. It has been ministering to my heart these past couple of days, and brings tears to my eyes because of the promises of God that are so beautifully put to song.

Here are the lyrics (From the RUF hymnal):

Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this barren land.
I am weak, but Thou art mighty;
Hold me with Thy powerful hand.
Bread of heaven,
Feed me now and evermore;
Bread of heaven,
Feed me now and evermore.

2. Open now the crystal fountain,
Whence the healing stream doth flow;
Let the fire and cloudy pillar
Lead me all my journey through.
Strong Deliverer,
Be Thou still my Strength and Shield.
Strong Deliverer,
Be Thou still my Strength and Shield.

3. When I tread the verge of Jordan,
Bid my anxious fears subside;
Death of deaths, and hell's destruction,
Land me safe on Canaan's side.
Songs of praises, I will ever give to Thee;
Songs of praises, I will ever give to Thee.

Ending
Land me safe on Canaan's side
Bid my anxious fears, bid my anxious fear
Land me safe on Canaan's side
Bid my anxious fears, bid my anxious fears, goodbye

I could not figure out how to link the song to our blog, but you can download it off itunes for $.99.
In the lyrics I hear a plea, a prayer, and anticipation. As the people of God we are constantly crying
out for guidance from the Lord. We are weak and he is mighty and he is the one that leads us through this journey.
The anticipation part is my favorite, because of what I have been facing lately. The promise that we will land safe
on Canaan's side and there will be no more death or destruction. We will be able to say goodbye
to all of our anxious fears because through Christ ALL THINGS will be made new! I hope this song
gives you encouragement today as you face the brokenness and pain of this world, but face it with hope
because God's promises are TRUE!

-Linds

Comments

  1. Lindsey, thank you for sharing this! It spoke very deeply to my heart this morning and was just the Truth I needed to hear. love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts