Tapping to the music

I love music! As a kid I was always humming and recently I tried to listen to music on an airplane and I had to restrain myself from singing out loud. Music is always playing at our house and Drew and I enjoy finding new artists.
These thoughts about the beauty of music came after attending a coffee house concert series where friends who are singer/songwriters performed. It was fabulous! I love to close my eyes and listen to the beauty of each instrument flow together like water. The beat of the music makes my hands and feet tap and I enjoy watching the feet and the legs of the musicians as the music flows not just from their mouths, but from every part of their body.

Music has such power to it. I have cried many times over the lyrics of a song because when no one else understands what I am feeling somehow the artist singing just gets it perfectly. The words of songs can have so much meaning and communicate so much truth. Psalm 46 is beautiful poetry communicating the power of God. The words found in the Psalms were meant to be sung. When you add the beauty of instruments to the beauty of poetry it reminds us of our humanity because of how it stirs our souls. The beauty of music for me is just a little taste of the beauty of redemption.

-Lindsey

Comments

  1. Hey friends, Nice blog. Miss you guys!
    -Steph

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts