Sorry For Our Absence

It is often very hard to understand what God is doing. All of our previous posts before this one talked about how thankful we were for God's provision of a place and a home for us here in Annapolis. It's amazing how quickly I was able to lose sight of that thankfulness when our apartment started making me sick due to allergies and we came to the conclusion that we had to move. I have felt discouraged, frustrated, and overwhelmed many times these last 10 days. I have found myself saying, "It's all going to be OK and God has a plan," to "This makes no sense and I am so tired of this and just want to move back to St. Louis" In the end all of this is not really that big of a deal, but sometimes it has felt like a huge mountain standing in the way of our plans. So we are in the process of moving everything that we had settled into the apartment back into Drew's parents home and working to make a place for ourselves here. We still have lots to be thankful for, but still wrestling through all the changes. So God's plans were different then ours so we keep pouring out our hearts to him, resting in him, and trusting that one day our support will be raised. I was encouraged this morning by David's words in Psalm 61:6-8:

"He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us."

-Lindsey

Comments

  1. So good to reconnect with you...even if over the internet! I'm praying for you all and so excited about your trip to Malaysia with the Sweets. I'll be praying for your trip and can't wait to see what God does in all of you through your experience there. If you're ever in Chattanooga, let me know! I'd love to catch up in person!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts