More Then the Birds

I was browsing through Comment Magazine online (if you haven't checked out this magazine then you definitely should) and I came across this painting by Teresa Carter. I really love the verse that the painting is based on..

Matthew 6:26 "Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"



What a beautiful reminder that God cares even for the tiniest birds by providing for them. His love and care for his children is even greater!

We have been stressed. We feel like we are riding a bike up hill and our legs are getting tired. I often find myself worrying how I will possibly get everything accomplished. The article, this painting, and most of all this passage reminds me that I can live a life of trusting in God and his care for me, rather then a life of worry.

I have a ring that my mom gave me when I was in high school that has a verse similar to Matthew 6:26 enscribed in greek. The verse on the ring is Matthew 10:31, "So don't be afraid, for you are worth more than many sparrows." I often wear this ring on days when I my feet are dragging, and I need the tangible reminder that God's grace and care will get me through. It is a wonderful reminder to me of who I MUST lean on! I know that life is always going to have its challenges, and I am thankful that even in the midst of them I know that God is watching over me, providing all that I need, and I do not need to be afraid.

Check out the article and the artist.

-Linds

Comments

  1. Oh gosh. Thanks for this post! What I needed today.

    I love you and am praying for you in this final stretch of this particular season of busyness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that it was encouraging to you and thanks for your prayers!

    I forgot to mention that the name of the painting is Consider.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts