My Husband and Anna's Daddy

I can't express in one post how blessed I am to have Drew as my husband and how blessed Anna is to have him as her Daddy.  We are thankful today, and as our pastor reminded us this morning above all we want to give praise to our heavenly Father.  The Lord has adopted us as his children, and loved us with an unfailing love.

I was so encouraged this week by a post I read on the blog She Worships about the Proverbs 31 Man.  As she said, I will not claim to be the Proverbs 31 woman, but I resonated with her point that the marriage between these characters reflects the marriage that the Lord has blessed me with.  In one line she says,

"These are the men who support their wives, trust their wives, praise their wives, pray for their wives, and sharpen their wives. These men believe in their wives and exhort them to pursue God’s calling, whether that calling is to ministry, business, teaching, writing, or being a stay-at-home mom. These men help their wives to be better disciples, friends, mothers, and daughters."


I appreciate the way my husband encourages me in the roles that the Lord has given me in this life, and I know that he will do the same for our daughter.  I enjoy watching his love for the Lord and his dependence upon God's grace grow each day.  This dependence upon grace overflows in the way he cares for me and his little girl!  Drew points us to Christ and sets a tone of joy and grace for our family.  This post is to celebrate Drew as the amazing husband and father that he is, but above all this post is to give praise, glory, and honor to our Heavenly Father.  Without the Lord Drew would not be the father and husband that he is, and I would not be the wife and mother that I am.  We continually repent of our shortcomings and rest on God's kindness and love!

This Father's Day may we bless and celebrate the men in our lives, but above all may we praise our Heavenly Father for he is the one who has given us life!

-Lindsey

Comments

Popular Posts