A Life Experiment

Flannel sheets are the best!
Today, I launch a life experiment.  One of the most wonderful parts about being a missionary is that you alone dictate your schedule.  One of the most challenging parts about being a missionary is that you alone dictate your schedule.  If you are a bit of a fly-by-the-seat of your pants person like I am, this can prove to land on the more challenging side more often than not.  As such, I am going to conduct an experiment.  My usual system is to squeeze every minute of sleep out of the night as possible and only roll out of bed when absolutely necessary (which generally means when I know I'm already going to be ~5 min. late).   This can continue no further.  Thus, the life experiment shall proceed as follows:
  • Subject shall set Half Hour Warning alarm for 6:00.  
  • Subject shall set Wakey-Wakey Time alarm for 6:30.
  • Subject shall actually get out of bed at 6:30.  
  • Subject shall, at this point, probably commence grumbling about how dumb of an idea is.
  • Subject shall get over it.  
  • Subject shall brew coffee, wrap in blanket, and begin morning prayer and readings.
  • Subject shall commence day.  
  • Subject shall repeat this schedule EVERYDAY for one month.  
I'm pretty curious to see what kind of a difference this will make.  Stay tuned for my one-month (potentially very groggy) update.  

Life experiment begins...NOW!

- Drew

PS - Even if this next month goes well, there's no telling what'll happen once the baby gets here!

Comments

Popular Posts