Turkey, Stuffing, and Pie

This afternoon was the beginning of Thanksgiving break! We are so excited to have some time off of school, and to spend it with Chase who is Drew's brother. We wish we could have joined the rest of the Wilkins family in Hawaii for Thanksgiving, but unfortunately timing and money kept us here in St. Louis.

Thanksgiving is such a fun holiday. I bravely ventured out to the grocery store around 5 p.m. today to buy some items. It was neat to see so many people buying food to prepare to celebrate with friends and family.

When Thanksgiving comes it causes all of us to reflect on what we are thankful for. Here are a few things that came to my mind:

1. God's unending mercy and grace!

2. My sweet husband who works so hard and NEVER complains. His schedule is so full between work, school, and seeing clients. I am thankful for how he takes care of our family, and continues to follow God's calling to becoming a pastor.

3. My warm and cozy apartment. I find so much relief and rest whenever I walk in the door. Now I just can't wait to put up our Christmas tree!

4. The blessing that it has been to study at Seminary learning about God and his work in this world. The Lord has sustained us and also sanctified us so much since starting Seminary. I am looking forward to celebrating his faithfulness at graduation in MAY!

5. The amazing adventures that we have been able to go on since we have been married.

6. The adventure that we are about to embark on as we continue the process of raising support and working as missionaries with MTW. God has been so faithful and continues to guide our steps!

Of course there are a million other things that I am thankful for. The older I get the more I realize how important the simple prayer of thanking God for our food is. Every good and perfect gift is from the Lord, and without his mercy and grace I would have nothing.

Looking forward to joining friends for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow. I am making mashed potatoes for the feast! :) I am really looking forward to some apple pie too!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

The picture is the Turducken that Drew and I made last year.

-Lindsey

Comments

Popular Posts