Advice

I recently was given some advice from my supervisor on how to take care for myself this year. The advice that was given to me was that in the midst of seeing a lot of pain and brokenness I need to take time to see beauty. I need to expose my eyes, ears, nose, and heart to beauty to be refreshed! This is one my passions and in many ways the reason for this blog. As I have said many times on this blog, but feel like I can never say enough, there is beauty in the midst of brokenness everywhere because of what Christ accomplished on the cross. In referring to human beings Francis Schaeffer used the term "glorious ruins." All of creation lives in the tension of being beautiful and broken. The broken part is going to be clearly in front of me as I work as a counselor. Therefore beauty is what I long to see and even hope to cultivate as I work to spread Christ's redemption to all of life.

Drew surprised me with these sunflowers the other day. Aren't they beautiful? I love the circular design in the middle of them and the bright burst of color that they add to the table. We usually study at our dining room table so this is the perfect spot for a little bit of beauty. Here is a picture of an early morning reading time. The sunflowers had not entered the picture yet, but you get the gist.
(good coffee is definitely a beautiful thing)

I am excited to keep exploring ways to be intentional at seeking out beauty. I think this weekend we are going to an art fair in the streets of Clayton! I hope you enjoy your weekend and take time to see beauty!

-Linds



Comments

  1. What a good reminder on a day like today...Sept 11th (except I forgot to post this until the 18th-but you get my drift-lol).

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts