Mystery.

-Naph Marshal, 5/3/12
"For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away... For now we see in a mirror dimly but then face to face.  Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been known."
- I Corinthians 13:9-12

I'm currently in the midst of studying for a pretty major exam that I will be taking (in just a few hours actually) as part of my licensure and ordination in the PCA.  Granted, I don't know if I would quite describe this as a "fun" ordeal, but it has certainly been a good one.  Studying for these exams have required me to cover such a broad scope of knowledge and reflections that, every once in a while, as I get lost in daydream or immersed in reflection, and I catch just a glimpse of the Grand Story, the Meta-Narrative, the Deep Gospel, and am stopped short at the glory of God's work in this world.  Not the whole thing, mind you - that would probably knock my socks off - but just enough to elicit deep pangs of longing and wonder about all the dots not connected, all the enigmas yet obscured, all the shards and pieces of this smudged and broken mirror that we are yet too fractured to properly reflect or observe - and all this coupled with the promise that one day, it will all be made new and brought into focus.  And yet, I imagine that will probably only deepen the mystery.  Mystery; to dream is a beautiful thing.

-Drew

Comments

Popular Posts