Water Dating

One of the first things that I was told by a school representative once Linds and I were accepted at our seminary was that the education we will receive will go well beyond the curriculum of our classes. In fact, this has proven to be true in most every element of life as we have floundered our way through the last four years of scholastic endeavor! Linds and I frequently talk about this as we have reflected on how we have been grown and stretched while here, and one of the things we keep returning to are the creative ways we've found to keep dating each other in the midst of all the madness. We were having one such conversations today, and Linds brought up one of our very lowest points that, thought it really was quite low, has brought us countless smiles as we look back on it.

We were feeling every bit of the "extras" of our seminary education: we were tired, had a long, long week with several late nights, were both overwhelmed by homework, had no money, and hadn't had more than 15 seconds alone together in what seemed like weeks. Desperate for a little bit of reconnection, I slyly slipped out of the pile of books I was buried behind, snatched a couple wine glasses, sidled on up to my girl and smoothly said "hey baby, wanna go on a water date?" *insert extra-groovy smile here* "what in the world are you talking about?" *insert get-the-heck-out-of-my-business gimace here* she said coyly. "Babe!" I said with a wink, "you, me, these two glasses decaf, ultra-purified, fat free, Missouri Artesian City water, what more could you ask for?!" Completely won over by my romantically persuasive powers, she quickly said "you got it, Hot Stuff!" and we fell in love all over again sitting on the floor, leaning against the couch, surrounded by school books and papers, lovingly sipping some truly delightful water.

...And then we got back to work again.

-Drew

Comments

Popular Posts