A Few Resolutions

Linds and I have both been down and out lately because we've been pretty sick (hence our lack of posts and updates. sorry!). Unfortunately Linds is still feeling pretty low, but I started to feel better again a few days ago. In order to help jump-start my system and get back into the swing of things I went out for a good run on Sunday. The jump-start worked, and while I was out I was struck by a number of things about my life and physicality.

I have always taken a back seat with my body, and have never really pushed myself to live intentionally healthily. It's a hard thing to do, but it's the hard things in life that remind me of the way God has been faithful to me in the past as well as to all the people who have gone before me. It's this looking back that gives me the strength to continue pushing forward. I've often used my high metabolism as an excuse to not try hard: I'm not overweight, so eating well and working out are things I don't need to do. Or so I thought. But why? I'm learning that stewarding my body should not be merely in reaction against unhealthiness, it should be the foundational standard. I haven't given too much thought to working to glorify God with my body, and if I am going to claim a holistic understanding of the Gospel then I need to apply it to my whole self. Lindsey does a wonderful job at modeling this well and I am excited to stop following idly along and actively join her in it.
By the end of my run all of these thoughts cultivated into a few resolutions:
- no more constant munching at Trader Joe's
- adapting to eating better portions at meals
- turning extra hunger I may feel in the process towards prayer
-researching healthy standards and expectations for my size and weight
- working out minimally twice a week, and to the best of my ability, more
- gain 10 pounds of muscle
- become not only an encouragement to Linds in her pursuits of a mature physicality, but a participant as well.

The time is overdue for me to invest my life in these ways. I am excited to reform my less-than-healthy perspectives and dive into a fuller understanding of what it means to live well in all of God's creation.

Comments

  1. Good post and reminder for me. Keep up the good work. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts